- Who we are
- Cluster activities
- Cluster resources
- Cluster facilities
- Contact Us
You are hereEvents
3:00pm-5:00pm, Jun 9, 2021
Online via Zoom
Dynamic Brain Circuits Cluster
Meeting ID: 634 1338 8402
Who should attend this workshop?
● Trainees who want a refresher in basic statistics concepts such as hypothesis testing and probability distributions.
● Trainees who want to learn some of the basics of R and want to learn how to perform basic statistical tests in R such as the t-test.
● Trainees who are interested in learning about bootstrapping and permutation testing. We will go over bootstrapping using the “boot” package in R. Bootstrapping is a fantastic way to explore datasets and accurately determine confidence intervals and standard error.
● Trainees who want to learn how to perform statistics when working with multiple treatment groups. We will briefly go over the theory behind working with multiple groups and will demonstrate how to perform ANOVA and the Tukey-Kramer test in R.
What level of coding/R experience is required for this workshop?
This workshop requires little to no experience in R. All of the coding tasks included will be made as simple as possible and we will guide you through step by step. The R coding tasks will involve making equations, using statistics packages, and making plots using R’s built in plotting framework.
Do I need to do anything before attending the tutorial?
Yes, there are just a couple of steps needed to prepare!
1. Install R if you have not already:
If you have R installed but have not used it in over a year we suggest that you update R via reinstalling it.
2. Install RStudio if you have not already: https://rstudio.com/products/rstudio/download/#download
3. Install the following R packages (open RStudio and copy and paste the following commands into the console):
What if I'm interested in learning about this but I can't make it today?
We always post our tutorial materials on our GitHub repository after the workshop is finished! Feel free to download the Rmd file and work through it at your own pace. Please feel free to come to the Brain Cicuits Databinge to ask any follow-up questions.
We hope to see you there! Feel free to email us at email@example.com with any questions.