- Who we are
- Cluster activities
- Cluster resources
- Cluster facilities
- Past Events
- Contact Us
You are herePast Events
Member news: July 2018
- Several DMCBH members received funding from CIHR - read our story on recent Project Grant- and Foundation Grant-funded projects.
- Dr. Bruce McManus was appointed a Member of the Order of Canada. He also received a Margolese National Heart Disorders Prize from the University of British Columbia.
- Dr. Cindy Barha (PI: Dr. Teresa Liu-Ambrose) received an Early Career Award from the International Behavioral Neuroscience Society.
- Vancouver Coastal Health recognized long-standing clinicians including Dr. Martin McKeown (15 years), Dr. Raymond Lam (30 years), and Dr. Lakshmi Yatham (25 years).
New materials for clinicians
- Updated Concussion E-Learning Course for Medical Professionals.
- Canadian Network for Mood and Anxiety Treatments and International Society for Bipolar Disorders 2018 guidelines for the management of patients with bipolar disorder: canmat.org.
So important to slow down and appreciate how awesome your team is. Here is team Snyderlab after lunching in honor of a couple departures. pic.twitter.com/WkGjeGwlB1— Jason Snyder (@jsnsndr) July 6, 2018
Struggling with #bipolardisorder and #depression in #Vancouver (lower mainland)?— NINET Lab (@NinetLab) July 8, 2018
Want to receive #rTMS for depression and participate in research @NinetLab?
email us at email@example.com or call us at (604) 827-1361@CREST_BD @erin_michalak
UBC scientists discover genetic marker for drug risk in multiple sclerosis - offers path toward precision medicine https://t.co/BdqSfAKluc— Santa J. Ono (@ubcprez) July 17, 2018
- UBC Blue & Gold Campaign for Students: Vivian Lam (UBC News, July 29)
- Education for the future (Science Letters, June 29)
- Advancing the health of Canadian men, women, girls, boys, and gender diverse people (UBC Psychology, July 4)
- Smartphones: The Dark Side (BBC Panorama, July 4) (in Canada, watch online at dailymotion.com)
- A career dedicated to relieving pain in the tiniest patients: Dr. Ruth Grunau recognized for outstanding accomplishments in the field of infant pain (BCCHRI news, July 10)
- Balancing the advantages of technology with patient experience (VCHRI news, July 13)
- MS patients had higher incidence of certain conditions: UBC study (Vancouver Sun, July 16)
- Multiple sclerosis patients had higher incidence other conditions: UBC study (CTV News, July 16)
- Genetic Variant in Multiple Sclerosis Patients Associated With Treatment-Induced Liver Damage (GenomeWeb, July 17)
- Study: Being in a bad mood can boost performance (Big Think, July 17)
- Other Conditions’ Symptoms May Foretell Onset of MS, Canadian Data Suggest (Multiple Sclerosis News Today, July 18)
- Kelly Sakaki: My experience of moving from academia to industry (Scientifica, July 23)
- Separating Children From Families Can Harm Them for Life (Voice of San Diego, July 25)
- UBC bestows national prizes on Canadian health science pioneers (Faculty of Medicine, July 26)
Did we miss something? Do you have a story tip? We want to hear from you! Send your research highlights, upcoming publications, trainee successes, and funding and awards news to firstname.lastname@example.org.